SixBoysJ

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Large families

There is a very nice article in Haaretz: http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/907695.html

Its about big families and how parents of these families deal with things in mass without worrying the little details and holding items or people under a microscope. The authors contention is that these families create a strong sense of community and group within the children. Small families tend to create individuals.

My friends frequently comment that my children seem to be the best of friends. Part of that may be because they are all boys and there is little long term friction. Yet another part may be because they are part of a large family and they have no choice but to find ways to get along.

I'm happy that my house is full of people, my own kids and others kids who happen to be hanging around. I would not have it any other way.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home