SixBoysJ

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Poland

I took a trip to visit Poland with my oldest sons 12th grade class. The following posts are notes that I sent from Poland on my Blackberry during the trip.

The trip is not easy. Its emotional and over-whelming. I learned many lessons from this experience. Amongst them are:

You are the product of a long history of people. They lived and died so that you might be born. Remember them and honor their memory.

There are bad people in this world. Bad things happen in this world. Some things are so bad that they defy understanding. We need to respond even if we cannot grasp the magnitude of the event.

We tend to think of far away places as different. Oh, that could not happen here! The more I travel, the more I see that the world is pretty uniform. Location is no barrier to events.

6 million Jews died in the Holocaust. We must make sure that they did not die in vain. We must remember their courage and their loss. We must make sure that they are never forgotten.

Israel is a response to the Holocaust. Like it or not, it is a direct result of six million deaths. It is irresponsible to walk away or give up. It is our home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home