SixBoysJ

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Escape Pod

Every half a year or so, I get hooked on portable media. During a family trip, we listened to audio cd's (The Destroyer was one of our favorites). For a while, I was listening to Daf Yomi every day, but I find that I loose interest if I'm not up-to-date.

Now, I'm listening to Science Fiction stories. I've discovered Escape Pod. Its a well presented audio podcast of science fiction (and some fantasy) stories. For better or worse, I like it best when I'm driving. My commute is about 40 minutes, which is perfect for this podcast.

The Escape Pod team has decided to focus ONLY on sci-fi. They are spinning off a podcast called "Pod Castle" for the fantasy stuff. I'll probably subscribe to that one also.

It is soooo much easier to stay up-to-date on fiction when you get weekly updates and reminders. I'm a big fan of space opera and was excited to hear about a lot of new stuff coming out of the UK. Its good to know that sci-fi is still alive and kicking!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home